ADempiere Project announces new major release “Matilda”
With the release of ADempiere “Matilda” (ADempiere Release 3.8) today, the ADempiere Project has completed a major new functionality enhancement for their World Class ERP.
The focus of this stable version was to add support for new business processes in ADempiere and improve quite a few already existent, according to a project spokesperson.
Some of the most notable enhancements include:
- New Sales Management (CRM) capability that provides for lead and opportunity tracking
- The modules Human Resources, Manufacturing and Warehouse Management are now fully integrated
- Warehouse Management implements functionality for advanced warehouse management using outbound rules and outbound orders.
- New Cash-flow Management use sales orders, accounts receivable, purchase orders, accounts payable, miscellaneous income and expenses for easier generation of cash-flow reports
- A Lite Manufacturing is now available for those companies do not requiring the extensive detailed functionality of the MRP process already available in ADempiere
- Forecast Management based on historical invoices, using multiple methods of calculation.
- Expanded dunning capabilities provides the ability to define pluggable Dunning Sources and create Dunning Candidates.
- A New Costing Engine has been added to overcome costing problems that have existed.
- Extensive improvements to all MRP processes
- Compatibility with Java 7
- Hundreds of performance and functional improvements
- Hundreds of bug fixes
“The Matilda Release is an evolutionary step that builds upon the success that ADempiere has had in the last 8 years” as explained by Victor Perez, Head of ADempiere technical team , "It is also a release that expands ADempiere current functionality to be on par of current world class propietary ERP's with the advantage of being a free GPL-Licensed solution”.
ADempiere is currently used in production in companies all around the world and they are supported locally by an extensive array of service providers ( http://wiki.adempiere.net/ADempiere_Implementations_around_the_world ). More detailed information on the release can be found at the project wiki web site, http://wiki.adempiere.net/Release_380LTS .
The Matilda release is ready for downloading at the project repository https://bintray.com/adempiere/Official-Repository/Release/3.8.0#files
ADempiere is an Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP software solution released under a free software license. The word ADempiere in Italian means "to fulfill" or "to accomplish". The software is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
ADempiere e.V. is a non profit organization incorporated in Germany and it is ADempiere's legal entity. Their main objectives are:
- Continued development of ADempiere - Representation of and partner for the Global ADempiere community - Attendance and organisation of trade fairs, congresses and conferences - Protecting the free rights of the project participants - Holding interlectual property (trademark, domains, etc.)
ADempiere Deutschland e.V. Nahmitzer Damm 32 Berlin, DE Postal Code: 12277 Germany Phone: +49.30692038540 Fax: +49.30692038549
Ramiro Vergara Public Affairs ADempiere ERP Project email@example.com