FT/TT meeting minutes 16 Dezember 2010
From ADempiere ERP WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Michael and Kai didn't attend the meeting.
- Review task list from last meeting
- Templates for teams
- The functional template was discussed. Also OpenBravo's and Carlos Ruiz' functional specification were discussed.
- Mark Ostermann will revisit the functional template, considering additionally contributors/maintainer, test cases and QA.
- During next functional/technical team meeting, the modified template will be discussed and further elaborated.
- Repository (Mercurial)
- Tobi worked with Mercurial a bit. His opinion: technically, it is possible and recommendable to switch off SVN right now and start working with Mercurial.
- In order to provide for a smooth transition, Tobi will write a clear and understandable document explaining how to switch to Mercurial in eclipse; other members of technical/functional teams will go over it.
- The document will cover also branches, trunk and stable revisions, creating change sets and cooperating with PMC.
- It was decided to switch to Mercurial, but it was accorded not to set a time line for it.
- As we move forward with release and codebase, it will be decided when to switch to Mercurial.
- Mercurial will be an agenda item for next meeting.
- Codebase and Mercurial will be implemented in separate steps. The reason: not to take too many risks at once.
- It was unanimously decided that trunk the official codebase is and will continue to be for the ADempiere project.
- OSGI is undoubtedly the future, but as many questions are still open, it was decided it not to become the immediate codebase.
- OSGI will be released with ADempiere Suite Test.
- The technical team (and volunteers from the community) will continue working in the matter, as red1 and Hengsin Low are doing right now.
- Release of codebase will be item of next meeting.
- Next meeting
- We will meet next on Thursday, Dezember 23th, 2010 at the same time (15:00 hours GMT)