How to Create AVA
From ADempiere ERP Wiki
(Redirected from Howto Create AVA)Jump to navigationJump to search
Updating from the previous AVA
- The basic idea behind making AVA is simple, in fact too simple.
- It is just a matter of adding onto another virtual machine image.
- In this case we already have the previous AVA. So i am using the last one which was AVA315 done by Fer_Luck and Timo Kontro.
- Get into a fresh latest AVA via vmplayer (refer to ADempiere Virtual Appliance on how to get that.
- Launch the web browser within AVA to download the latest binary release from SourceForge
- You can alternatively compile the latest source from trunk and upload the binary to some ftp site and download back via the web browser.
Stop the JBoss
- sudo /etc/init.d/jboss stop
- Now it is just a matter of setting up as normally expected in a real environment
- But first copy the old properties files (Adempiere.properties in both user directory and Adempiere's, AdempiereEnv.properties) so that you need not redo settings during RUN_setup.sh
- (i find it less hassle not to do this as the values you need to remember are 'adempiere')
- sudo rm -fr /opt/Adempiere
- untar the gz file into /opt directory (gzip -d, tar -xvf, mv source /opt/)
- chmod 777 RUN_setup.sh
- copy back the properties files
- You may have to configure back the IP trust for pg_hba.conf and restart the PG with /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.2 restart
- ./RUN_setup.sh (select PostgreSQL, use adempiere as DB name, System Password is 'postgres', and need to switch to root for this setup)
- dropdb adempiere -U adempiere (this is proper way to drop the DB before the import below)
- /utils/ ./RUN_ImportAdempiere.sh
- ./RUN_Adempiere.sh (su adempiere first to login as adempiere user and not root which has no permissions)
- /etc/init.d/jboss start (to resume app server for the web UI)
- launch web browser and the default is http://adempiere/admin/
Repackaging the AVA
- Making it smaller and saving it for upload has been tried but failed on some compression tools.
- However Joseph Brower assisted alot by suggesting the use of 7z to bring it down to 460Mb in total.
- Best settings in 7z is (31%):
- Compieression level = Ultra
- Dictionary size = 64 MB
- Word size = 96
- Solid Block size = solid
- Number of CPU threads = 2
- Best settings in 7z is (31%):
- Still too large and so using a splitter to cut it into 6 files for easier uploading to SF File Release.
- Further ideas to compress the AVA are welcome.
Shrinking Your AVA
- There is a vmware-toolbox inside latest AVA that you can run to shrink your AVA from time to time to keep it from bloating.
- In the AVA, call up a terminal window
- su root
- cd /usr/bin
- Select shrink and proceed until end
- Note that the main file has decreased.
- From Latest AVA Release
- Download all 6 files, unzip and run the Create*.exe to combine back into one large 7z file.
- Extract to new folder.
Special thanks to the boys from IRC
Of course Red1 can be dumb and always need fast help. Which i got easily from the IRC room. So here is big thanks to:
- Fer_Luck (Brazil)
- Timo Kontro (Finland)
- Tim xp_prg (California)
- Dellph (Cebu)
- Usman88 (Medan)