Talk:European ADempiere Conference
Hi all, Someone has to deliver a keynote address at this conference. Any volunteers? Ideas welcome. Thanks! - - Red1 09:23, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
How about our kernel contributor? Kthiemann 10:13, 17 April 2007 (EDT)
- Hmm, good idea, i shall write him an invite. If he doesn't come, you deliver the keynote address! Btw, i may amend my agenda to be How To Formalise ADempiere as an Efficient Organisation. This is for fulfilling the need of many sectors and levels around us by and large. I like to facilitate this discussion as more important than telling ppl to contribute. It seems we have too much contribution of developer work that we can handle, and we have a new but good problem - too much business and not enough time or management of it. There are also a good majority of Council and core developers present. Many have spoken in the forums but meeting in 3 dimensions and finalising something can be the most important act in Berlin. We can even call this The Berlin Act, 2007. - Red1 00:38, 18 April 2007 (EDT)
Hi, it could be possible to allow some remote participation, for people that definitely can't attend the conference? I don't know, maybe is just as simple as setting a microphone and webcam in the room. Maybe we could let important members not there (like Alejandro) vote on important issues also. What do you think? CarlosRuiz 19:13, 27 April 2007 (EDT)
- Certainly an excellent idea. We can have the irc screen on and shot to a big screen, so that any comments are made back to the conference room. Its like a real TV station with ticker-tape! - Red1 05:11, 28 April 2007 (EDT)
- Hi, this is something we discussed here in Berlin already. We will provide the technic to have a live stream of parts of the conference and to allow online participation on the discussions. Maybe we can use the same software trifon tested here: https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4225530 Kthiemann 07:21, 28 April 2007 (EDT)
Enter you wishes and non-wishes for this premier conference. Don't forget to sign as (~~~).
What Do You Wish?
- Everyone get to know each other well (Red1)
What You Do Not Wish?
- Anyone falling asleep (Red1)
Draft Agenda Timetable
Please comment here about the draft agenda as put up by Carolina, Kai and Karsten.
Recommended slots, speakers, panelists
(will finalise on that day. Important to have round table fashion, and full participation spread)
- Business Development round table (chaired by Donald Ladwig)
- Multi Projects discussion presented by OpenBravo (panelists - Marco, Carlos; chair:red1)
- Foundation discussion round table (chaired by Joel Stangeland)
- Posterita presentation (panelists - OB, Karsten; chair:Goanookie) posterita need not have the first day slot, so only the 2nd day at University class, they can present as posterita app, which covers adempiere also. Feel that such a presentation captures the energy of innovation for adempiere which the local uni shuld enjoy. And the attendees should join in. This session should be longer than usual thus i recommend mor panelists here.
- HR (panelist - Mario Calderon (advice approach for Subject Matter verticals))
- Best Practices - Trifon (panelist - Teo, Kontro, Carlos; chair:Mike) - this, is highly classic for 'developers' so i hope it gets maximum exclusive slot, again we finalise the day before with Kai Red1 23:06, 10 May 2007 (EDT)
Request For Change
- Like to swap my slot with Mike Judd's due to special request by my 'other side' Carlos Ruiz who only arrives during Kai's BBQ. He very much wants to be strangled in person during my talk. - Red1 22:00, 25 May 2007 (EDT)
- Looks like my other request for change was dropped - I proposed to change Karsten presentation "Developers Documentation Workshop" to not be in front of Idalica presentations - I suggested Karsten move his presentation to the same hour with "Talk about ADempiere to FHTW Students (tbd)". CarlosRuiz 22:27, 25 May 2007 (EDT)
- Hi Carlos, my presentation is ment to be a workshop for maybe 10 people who like to create some wiki documentation (in fact there will be no real presentation. My plan is to create some wiki pages together) - so I don't think that it has to be moved. But we will discuss and finalize the schedule on monday at the ADempiere Breakfast event. Kthiemann 09:29, 26 May 2007 (EDT)