almost everything on the wiki, expect the contents of LocalSettings.php, can be change by editing the right page. You can find an overview of all system messages(includes also the sidebar) on Special:AllMessages, if you want to change the sidebar you just edit Mediawiki:Sidebar. --Goanookie 10:25, 29 September 2006 (BST)
- 1 From The Desk of AS
- 2 Some Wiki organisation
- 3 New Userboxes
- 4 Shorter text in Userboxes
- 5 Thank you
- 6 New Cli-CE Project entry
- 7 ADempiere metrics Report on Ohloh.net
- 8 Happy New Year
- 9 Dup page?
- 10 Release Notes 3.1.4
- 11 Wiki ethics
- 12 Adempiere Business Intelligence
- 13 First ADempiere Conference
- 14 RSS Feed
- 15 Red1 Rocks
- 16 Ohloh
- 17 viola
- 18 Development Page
- 19 Need a combined effort to clean-up
- 20 Need your help & concurrence
- 21 Need more clean-up.
- 22 New home page
- 23 Added Quotes and News icon
- 24 I switched the page!....
- 25 Special:ListUsers/bot configuration
- 26 I hope you will break silence
- 27 Nice article & diagram
- 28 Main Page
- 29 An Unholy Act
From The Desk of AS
Salam to you, Red1! I lost for words when i read your message left on my talk page. I felt honored to receive such a message. I must once again say ( i think its worth repeated), that you are indeed a dynamic leader. No doubt about it. Having said that, I request for your hand and in reciprocal I offer you mine, that we work together towards a shared vision, as a dynamic team. Together as a community, lets create waves that will impact hundreds of millions of users and businesses in a measurable and progressive way. And every worthwhile goal begins with a simple "angan-angan" (dream). :D Jazakallahu Khair.
--AS 15:48, 11 June 2007 (EDT)
- Ok, here is my hand. And here is my foot too. To kick butts with :-) - Red1 00:46, 12 June 2007 (EDT)
Some Wiki organisation
Hi red1, this is me again, I have created some categories related to documentation (see my history page), I will try to bring here some Wikipedia way of doint things (or spirit :) that has been proven to work (Workflow, Conventions, Vocabulary, Information organisation, Etc.) I think its very important to start with good practices and Wikopedia has somehow set norms, well let's follow them (when they are applicable and convenient) and not reinvent the wheel. I believe that if you build it, they will come :) let's build a great Wiki with great content to bring even more interesting people and everybody will benefit.--Khalid HASSANI 13:34, 15 November 2006 (EST)
Hi Red1, I have added two new Userboxes to you profile : ADempiere council, and MySpace, the second one is mainly to serve as an example. I hope you don't mind --Khalid HASSANI 19:41, 19 November 2006 (EST)
Shorter text in Userboxes
Hi Red1, I appreciate the compliment. Keep up the great work you are doing also :) Thank you Sempre 05:56, 24 November 2006 (EST)
New Cli-CE Project entry
Hi Redhuan please have a look at the Cli-CE Project entry, I have uploaded material from Red1.org. I think the information there present present in a better way the project, anyway, it's now a seed that can be improved by anybody. Note that the old entry is now called Cli-CE Setup. Please have a look in the new entry to see if there any corrections or updating to be made. Also do you have better screnshots that the ones on Red1.org which seem fuzzy, but maybe this is done on purpose ?. Cheers ! --Khalid HASSANI 14:06, 25 November 2006 (EST)
Khalid cest parfait! merci beaucoup!
Non, i do not blur things on purpose haha! Will get to those less interesting (programming) lifestyle later... Adempiere kingdom made my life too busy watching everyone..
Red1 18:21, 25 November 2006 (EST)
ADempiere metrics Report on Ohloh.net
Hi Red1, I have just added ADempiere to Ohloh.net
- ADempiere (Project Cost Total $9,798,578)
and it interesting to see ADempiere from a metrics point of view is already more popular than
- Compiere (Project Cost Total $8,312,500)
You may want to add the thin badge  to the main website.
Sempre 19:10, 25 November 2006 (EST)
haha, how uncanny! i did boast to ppl the last few days that we are virtually worth this much USD10m! And that negotiations to buy us should start from USD100m. *lol* Thanks Sempre
Red1 00:27, 26 November 2006 (EST)
Happy New Year
Hi Red1, I have updated the freshmeat entry with details of the ADempiere 3.1.3. When will the files be on the SF website? Happy New Year. Sempre 00:19, 31 December 2006 (EST)
PS:If you have a moment can you please read the following about OAGIS and tell me your thoughts on how ADempiere can become compliant as a ERP.
Hi red, maybe the main page is duplicated
I think the last is obsolete, what do you think? - CarlosRuiz 13:29, 8 January 2007 (EST)
- Hi Carlos & Red, the second page does exists but redirects to the first one. So in fact they both point to the same page and therefor neither is obsolete. --Goanookie 14:08, 8 January 2007 (EST)
- Hi Goa, in my case the two pages shows different. ADempiere shows the official page with lots of divisions, Adempiere shows a page with 5 subsections. CarlosRuiz 23:03, 8 January 2007 (EST)
- Won't be better to redirect Adempiere to ADempiere? Just thinking on what people typing Adempiere are looking for. CarlosRuiz 15:44, 9 January 2007 (EST)
Release Notes 3.1.4
Red1, it would be nice to create a wiki ethics page. This page will clarify what pages can be edited, what pages can't be edited, how to edit. Also will encourage new users to contribute to our current howtos/documentations, without the feeling that they are impolite. --Teo 07:36, 27 January 2007 (EST)
Hi Teo, About your suggestion on ethics page, is the Etiquette page good enough?.. Red1 08:48, 27 January 2007 (EST)
I saw this question on IRC channel and i thought that the rules should be more clear, specifying straight forward exactly what is encouraged and what not, at a glance. just my 2 cents :)
--Teo 05:26, 29 January 2007 (EST)
Adempiere Business Intelligence
Hi, Red1, This wa a great pleasure to hear from you, special thanks for your comments, i think Adempiere BI was a good start, and i just wanted to start the process asap so thats why i copied/pasted. i am so sorry for that.well in fact i am exploring & creating a RoadMap for Integrating Adempiere with Pentaho Open BI Suite. By the way, that was so interesting that you were thinking on the Pentaho Solution as well, with my poor mind simultaneously ;). So i will be so happy to know your idea whether i may create my link again exploring a page which refers to my road map as well or not.
- ADEMPIERE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (Integrating Adempiere with Pentaho Open BI Suite)(Soheil Qanbari)
well kindly please let me know your idea on this Road to go.
Red1, i am dreaming Adempiere as an Intelligent Expert System including Data mining, Process Mining & OLAP &...,;). Oh, i have to wake up to make my dreams Come true...
Hi Red1, Thanks for your encouragement, havent contributed much, will make more contribs in the Business Logic stage if iAdempiere.
--Venky 83 04:34, 10 April 2007 (EDT)
First ADempiere Conference
i hope you are doing very well, well i am so interested to know whether there is any plan to have the First Adempiere conference online or not,like a Webinar.
- Hi Soheil, there are plans to have at least parts of the conference as a live stream. We are checking the technical conditions for that. Regards, Kthiemann 07:24, 7 March 2007 (EST)
By the way i have prepared the intelligent Adempiere (iAdemiere) road map including Meta Data Layer Architecture in dept too. Also i have prepared the project plan as well.Ofourse needs much more editing which is in progress .i will definitely upload my pages as soon as possible.One more thing that i care to specify is that i am currently working on the Adempiere Ontology Driven Development & Architecture Using Jena Ontology framework.i would be very happy to hear from you and to have your strategy as well. Wish you a nice days ahead. Take Good Care. :).
My Pleasure Soheil
Creative and efficient way to deliver message and thought to world in personal. I like "Containing The Contributive Spirit" that's the real openness for endless innovation.Usman88
Just wanted to say that I think you rock! Tim Heath
I appreciate the welcome.. Hopefully my new workplace will comsider ADempiere and I can spend more time towards the project.
Here is the link ( http://www.ohloh.net/projects/3672/widgets )to a whole bunch of widgets and badges for the ADempiere project on Ohloh. You might want to use a few of them.
Sempre 17:15, 10 December 2007 (EST)
I appreciate your comment. Thanks and sorry for the mistake. Soheil.
Hi Red I,
I have a proposal to your project architecture. If you consider my proposal please add my skype ID : Soheil.Qanbari . We may continue skype conference call...
Many Thanks, Soheil
Hi Red1, (is this the correct way to contribute to a user talk?) I appreciate your welcome and just noticed you put the equinox thing onto the news flash on the front page. Exciting thing for a german IT dummy like me ;-) Thanks!
Ah thanks for correcting ADempiere/OSGi_Integration - in fact, I did not manage to delete the banner again, getting an HTTP400. How did you do it? (I am a real mediawiki wizard, see?) viola 05:06, 18 April 2009 (PDT)
Homepage: Change is perfekt! --viola 06:25, 18 April 2009 (PDT)
- Did you pick up /equinox-target as your eclipse target platform as described here? viola 03:09, 29 April 2010 (PDT)
- Just did a clean new checkout and did not receive any errors. Maybe incompatible eclipse versions? I am using 3.5.0.v20090611a. But I am seeing problems with the automated build (RUN_build.sh). Currently fixing... viola 23:45, 29 April 2010 (PDT)
Hi Red,I have added a new simplified and concise wiki page for Development corner at . Could you please put this link in the home page, in appropriate location. I will be adding more content to it soon.-- Sarafudheen
Need a combined effort to clean-up
Red, I am still not an expert in Adepmiere, still learning. While I read adempiere wiki, I found many of the article need clean-up and wikifying. I started with my limited knowledge for example  and , and my other contributions . There is a lot of advertisement kind of documents, but even those documents are not structured.
So we could take a joint initiative to clean-up this and I can offer my help as much as I can. The main challenges here are:
- Clean and simplify documents
- Connect the documents together, and to avoid
- Put a neutral point of view to the article
-- Sarafudheen 22:38, 7 June 2010 (PDT)
Need your help & concurrence
Dear red, as part of clean-up and enhancement of our wiki, could you please the provide information:
- Planned features, upcoming releases and future directions
- News Page (the one in the adempiere wiki is not updated).
- documentation , tutorials for third party tools like HR, Manufacturing
- start-up documents for beginners, especially flash advertisements, flash tutorials, videos, etc.
Here is my plan for the clean up:
- Arrange the page is first level, second level (main page) and detailed level (for example Development or Feature) of pages
- Put the information as generic as possible in the first level and second level
- More technical and detailed information in third level. Remove the technical details in first and second levels.
I have looked into other wiki pages of compiere based product. They have a better organization of the documents.
I have seen many novine Openbravo guys, and they dont have any clue of what to do with different options like manufacturing and Payroll.They have no documentation from sources or they feel the sections are complicated. This will become a bottleneck for the usage of the tool, if we didnt take care properly. Let them enjoy the product with our wiki. I will spend some quality time on the wiki, if you help me with guidance and support.
You could send me details : sarafudheen at yahoo.com
Cheers!! -- Sarafudheen 07:54, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
Need more clean-up.
Red, We still need more clean-up on the first page. Your effort is really great!. I would suggest you something. We will work on another page. something like http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/Welcome_Page and then later change this to home page. I have already drafted something in my local sandbox server. I didnt upload it yet! -- Sarafudheen 09:26, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
New home page
I have now completed the draft of the new home page : New Home Page. Please scratch your comments here (or fix / edit the page). Please discuss this with your team and approve it. I have included Table of Contents as one of the major link that user:MJMcKay is doing. We have to pursue and complete that portion also. Sarafudheen 13:35, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
- looks like the url was not correct. Please check this:ADempiere_ERP.-- Sarafudheen 05:09, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
Added Quotes and News icon
Please let me know if I can switch the pages now:ADempiere_ERP. Or do it by yourself after doing changes from your side. I have added the News Icon. I took the icons from Wikipedia. I didnt use the existing icon. -- Sarafudheen 06:11, 27 June 2010 (UTC)
I switched the page!....
Hi, who is the administrator of the site? We need to setup some Special:ListUsers/bot sites for auto detection of wrongly put pages etc. Who is an expert to do this... This will ease a lot of our site administration and editing job. For more details see this page -- Sarafudheen 08:02, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- This is a great honor that you gave me. I am ready to contribute as much as I can. -- Sarafudheen 16:43, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- I was thinking about documenting the upcoming stable release of 3.6. (I am thinking of investing on the new release than on the current stable relases!) Table_of_Contents is being under process by user:MJMcKay. I would also like to join in his/her effort. I dont have enough materials with me. If you can help me with some hints, rough outlines, documents, it will be greatly helpful -- Sarafudheen 07:08, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
I hope you will break silence
Hi Red, I know you are very busy. I am disturbing you because I am really struck. I am really lost my direction. As I mentioned before, in order to move further for my documentation and Structuring effort in Wiki, I need directions and hints from you. Please correct me on the following points:
- Is it a good strategy that I will stick on structuring the future version. I am now working on  page and its sub pages like .
- Whom should I approach to get the correct documentation to put it properly in Wiki. (I dont have much information to put, otherthan the information I got from the adempiere books).
- How I can better work as a team member in the documentaion effort
-- Sarafudheen 05:53, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Sarafudheen, the way to do things is always to ask in the forums, hopefully u can get more ideas and it becomes a communal effort instead of a lone person's burden :). After putting out your ideas, you can just go ahead and do it. If its no good, try another way. Honest mistakes are allowed. - Redhuan D. Oon 12:36, 19 July 2010 (UTC)
- I incorporated the changes. I have made some relavant changes to TOC. I enhanced developer guide sectoion. I made more importance to user interface functionalities section( marketing :-) ). Also I moved the items related to business functions to Business Function Guide. Please let me know your comments. -- Sarafudheen 08:10, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
Nice article & diagram
I found a blog which has a nice diagram and introduction to Adempiere 3.6 here. I dont know which language it is in. My point is the diagram, if translated could be a good candidate for our first page. -- Sarafudheen 07:25, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
Looks good. MJMcKay 04:46, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
An Unholy Act
Moved from Talk:ADempiere_Debian_Installer talk page.
- This happens at the same time with the remarks of the original author (Carlos Ruiz) about not putting out his code to public (in private email cc to me.
- This must have serious GPL implications as GPL does not allow non-distribution of source.
- But in this case, Carlos Ruiz is reacting to protect another GPL clause - to NOT remove the original work and putting in another person's name as credit.
- Carlos' work is (together with Low Heng Sin's) in effect 90% of all best code that we find in the ADempiere project since Compiere.
- Thus the project owners must take heed. Doing nothing is detrimental to the competitiveness of this project.
- Thus i have moved for a vote of support for the return of those top contributors and in effect no confidence on the present PMC/CC as the present regime will not budge but kept revoking more rights.
- - Redhuan D. Oon 05:15, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
Quotes from Carlos
- This is further private irc chat room message from Carlos to me while i was away. Again, this pertains to the nature of the project and its public contributors, thus to me this is not private nor personal. I thus paste here without Carlos permission:
[1:37pm] CarlosRuiz: Hi red1 [1:38pm] CarlosRuiz: I think I'm going private - I'm tired of this situation - being copied all the time and blamed, expelled, credit stolen, basic permissions revoked [1:38pm] CarlosRuiz: and "community" do nothing [1:38pm] CarlosRuiz: so, I think this "community" doesn't deserve that I keep publishing my work [1:59pm] CarlosRuiz disconnected from the server.
- There are further words exchange in private but i published it elsewhere to try to calm the flames as there will be strong opinion on both sides and i remembered what happened few times before that broke things down.
- Believe it or not, i am actually stopping Carlos for responding in public! Yes, i warned him to obey the 48 hour rule (from IHE book advice) has passed before he can cast his vote or response to some of the expected counter attacks.
- Answering now or even then won't help unless he has new information which i doubt so.
- Neither have i new information. Actually i very much prefer to answer some of the rebuttals thrown back but then i already answered those same arguments many times before.
- Kind regards,
- - Redhuan D. Oon 07:26, 17 November 2011 (UTC)