Centralized ID Management
Before Adempiere 3.3.1 you need to execute the script 033_centralized_id_sysconfig.sql
You need to configure the parameters in the System Configurator Window:
Specially the parameters:
DICTIONARY_ID_USER = Your committer sourceforge ID
DICTIONARY_ID_PASSWORD = Your committer assigned password
For password assignment procedure please ask in adempiere forums.
Firstly, please configure the comment in the System Configurator window related to the enhancement, bug or feature request you're solving, example:
When you're ready to develop a trunk enhancement, bug or feature request that requires official dictionary ID's, you need to open a system session and check the flag "Dictionary Maintenance" in Preferences window. Please note this parameter is not saved between sessions - so you need to check it any time you are going to develop something new for the trunk:
After this you just continue creating the needed dictionary objects and Adempiere will assign the ID's from the centralized website http://18.104.22.168/cgi-bin/get_ID
If you want to review the log of used ID's for a table, you can navigate to the site:
Please replace the AD_Reference name with the table you want to see.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When in "Dictionary Maintenance" mode all records for clients System and GardenWorld will get centralized IDs
For Projects with Distributed Developers
If you conduct project with distributed developers - with distributed development databases, then you have the same problem as Adempiere Committers to synchronize the dictionary ID's
This implementation can help also for these projects.
You just need to install the cgi scripts provided in:
Set up a data directory ../data relative to cgi-bin directory for your project:
Register your developers in the file data/PROJECT_NAME/RegisteredDevelopers.pwd
And set the system configurator parameters for project usage:
PROJECT_ID_USE_CENTRALIZED_ID = Y (default is N) PROJECT_ID_WEBSITE = with the website provided for the centralized ID management PROJECT_ID_PROJECT = name of the project set up PROJECT_ID_USER = your user name for the project PROJECT_ID_PASSWORD = your password committer for the project PROJECT_ID_COMMENTS = the comment for the development you're attending
This will assign centralized ID's for all tables that have EntityType column, in the seed those are:
AD_Column AD_Element AD_EntityType AD_Field AD_FieldGroup AD_Form AD_Image AD_InfoColumn AD_InfoWindow AD_Menu AD_Message AD_ModelValidator AD_Modification AD_Process AD_Process_Para AD_Reference AD_Ref_List AD_Ref_Table AD_ReplicationStrategy AD_ReplicationTable AD_ReportView AD_Tab AD_Table AD_Task AD_Val_Rule AD_WF_NextCondition AD_WF_Node AD_WF_NodeNext AD_WF_Node_Para AD_WF_Responsible AD_Window AD_Workbench AD_WorkbenchWindow AD_Workflow PA_ColorSchema PA_MeasureCalc
1. I will need to migrate some internal modifications to trunk, more exactly some columns that have internal allocated IDs (> 1000000). What is the best way to get IDs from IDs server without creating the columns (because i already have them, i just need to change the IDs) ?
- Dissected :-) NOTE: The table names are case sensitive
- the website providing the ID's where cgi shells are installed
- the shell that reserves ID's get_ID
- the project Adempiere (centralized ID can be used to manage IDs for other projects but it needs some setup)
- your assigned user (normally the same as sourceforge)
- your assigned password
- the table you want to reserve ID (in this example AD_Column - case sensitive!)
- unused at this moment, to save alternate key for tables like Value
- &COMMENT=Comment -- the comments on the reservation
- The result of the call is a page with the assigned ID.
- To review the log you can call:
- http://22.214.171.124/cgi-bin/showtaillog?AD_Column (NOTE: Or use showlog for full log, recommended is to use showtaillog)
- That's it, call the showlog.cgi with the table as parameter.