European ADempiere Conference
1. European ADempiere Developers Conference
May, 29th - 31st 2007 in Berlin (Germany)
Why a conference?
After four successful months of hard work it's time to give everybody the chance to meet each other in person. This is the primary goal of the ADempiere conference being planned.
What it's all about?
- technical discussions
- meet each other
- future Adempiere development
Topic suggestions for workshops and discussions are desired. Please note them on this site.
Please add your suggestions here:
Proposing roundtable discussions led by participants, to touch on respective challenges, issues and resolutions:-
- Proposing discussion led by Michael Judd (UK) on the Accounting aspects of ADempiere
- Proposing discussion led by Victor Perez (Mexico) on the Libero Modules
- Proposing discussion led by Timo Kontro (Finland) on The ADempiere Next Generation
- Proposing discussion led by Posterita (Mauritius) on its POS and Webstore architecture
- Proposing discussion led by Trifon Trifonov (Bulgaria) on implemenation of Adempiere in financial company and/or tricks and best practice in the source codes
- Proposing discussion led by Posterita (Mauritius) on Ajax Client
- Red1 shall talk about "Contributors Are Priceless", the why, what and how to contribute. If there is extra time he shall sing a John Lennon song.
- Proposing discussion led by Elvis Haracic (Establish, BIH) on HR modul.
The conference is open to all interested parties. The participants are required to pay the costs of travel and accommodation. Infrastructure is sponsored by Schaeffer AG (www.schaeffer-ag.de).
FHTW Berlin - University of Applied Sciences
10318 Berlin (Lichtenberg)
Administrative Building (# 5)
Rooms 501 und 531
Please add your name here ...
Francis Schonken (maybe - interested: will try to confirm soon whether participating or not)
(*) cost absorption by Schaeffer AG.
(**) cost mitigation by Red1 (conducting further sponsorship drive in Malaysia)
To facilitate the participation of as many project members as possible in the conference further sponsors are highly appreciated.
Dear participants of the 1st ADempiere Conference!
Please check if you need a visa for a short stay (Schengen Visa) and a "letter of invitation" for your visa application in order to participate at the conference.
You find all relevant information and application forms on the web site of the German Department of Foreign Affairs
including a table of countries whose citizens require/ do not require visas to enter Germany
Responsible for issuing visas are the missions of the Federal Republic of Germany, i.e. the German embassy and consulate-general in your home country.
Visa holders are as a rule required to have travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000 that is valid for the entire Schengen area. If possible this insurance should be taken out in your own country, but it can also be purchased by us as hosts.
As far as needed, the Schaeffer AG will contract a health insurance for incoming visitors in Germany valid for seven days.
If you need a "letter of invitation" including a confirmation of the health insurance for incoming visitors for your visa application, please send the following details for each person that requires a visa to Carolina (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- First name and family name as stated in the passport
- Passport number
- Date of arrival in Germany
- Date of departure in Germany
Please take into consideration the time needed to contract the insurance and the time required to process your visa application ("the missions require between two and ten working days to decide on an application for a short stay visa" - quote for the web site of the German Department of Foreign Affairs).
Therefore: please send your requests for a "letter of invitation" until May 1st to Carolina!