Difference between revisions of "FT/TT meeting minutes June 24th 2013"
From ADempiere ERP WikiJump to navigationJump to search
m (add category)
|Line 503:||Line 503:|
[16:48:30] Mario Calderón: bye all
[16:48:30] Mario Calderón: bye all
[16:48:33] Mark Ostermann: bye
[16:48:33] Mark Ostermann: bye
Latest revision as of 08:58, 25 June 2013
- Moderator: Mario Calderon
- Secretary: Karsten Thiemann
- Participants: Colin Rooney, John Agudelo, Karsten Thiemann, Mario Calderon, Mark Ostermann, Pradeep Lavania, Suman Ravuri, Steven Sackett, Tobias Schöneberg, Victor Perez, Michael Judd
- Date / Time: June 24th 2013 / 12:00h - 15:00h GMT
- Status development rights for Suman/Walking Tree
- Working Environment Adaxa, eEvolution, Metas, Walking Tree
- Status Functional reviews
- Status Technical reviews
- Actions to do
- Next meeting
- Status development rights for Suman/Walking Tree
- They have the required rights, created a 380rc1 branch and set up a test instance.
- Working Environment Adaxa, eEvolution, Metas, Walking Tree
- Status Functional reviews
- See http://www.adempiere.com/Release_380LTS for the actual status.
- Most contributions have been functionally reviewed, the rest is in progress.
- Some contributions are just working with the swing client. If they don't effect other functionality they will be included as beta.
- Status Technical reviews
- The technical team started to review functionality that already has been reviewed by the functional team.
- Technically reviewed functionality will be integrated by Walking Tree (release manager).
- Technical team will have a meeting on friday to discuss the actual status.
- Actions to do
- Elaborate a list of depricated functionality to discuss with the community. Goal is to remove unused functionality from the trunc.
- Walking Tree starts integrating technically reviewed functionality.
- Complete functional tests
- Complete technical tests
- Next meeting
- Monday, July 1st, 12:00 GMT
Following is the meeting log - time is in GMT +2
Monday, June 24, 2013 [13:53:24] Mario Calderón: Agenda 1.- Status development rights for Suman/Walking Tree Repository created? 2.- Working Environment Adaxa, eEvolution, Metas, Walking Tree 3.- Status Functional reviews 4.- Status Technical reviews 5.- Actions to do 6.- Next meeting [13:53:46] suman ravuri: Hi Mario [13:53:56] Mario Calderón: hi Suman [13:56:03] Tobias Schoeneberg: hi [13:56:17] Mario Calderón: hi Tobi [13:56:28] Pradeep Lavania: Hi Everybody [13:56:30] Michael Judd: hi all [13:58:00] Mario Calderón: hi Mike [13:58:07] Mario Calderón: Pradeep [14:04:24] Karsten Thiemann: hi [14:04:44] Victor Perez Juarez: hi [14:07:49] Mario Calderón: do we wait the "academical" 15 mins? [14:08:29] Michael Judd: I say no - otherwsie we always waste this time ..... [14:08:52] Mario Calderón: other opinions? [14:08:53] Karsten Thiemann: let's start [14:09:29] Mario Calderón: ok [14:09:53] Mario Calderón: Secretary, moderator? [14:10:26] Karsten Thiemann: I'll do the minutes [14:11:10] Mario Calderón: I can moderate [14:11:34] suman ravuri: Let us start then [14:12:11] Mario Calderón: any comments/modifications to the agenda? [14:12:42] Karsten Thiemann: no [14:12:59] suman ravuri: no [14:13:25] Mark Ostermann: hi all, sry was on phone [14:13:30] Mario Calderón: hi Mark [14:13:38] Mario Calderón: 1.- Status development rights for Suman/Walking Tree Repository created? [14:13:53] suman ravuri: I got the required access [14:13:58] suman ravuri: able to checkout code [14:14:10] John Agudelo: hi all [14:14:15] suman ravuri: created a new branch with name 380rc1 [14:14:42] suman ravuri: started making changes to build application [14:15:49] Mario Calderón: so you are able to do your work? [14:17:07] John Agudelo: wich is the link to 380rc1 ? [14:17:26] John Agudelo: I can't see in http://hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/adempiere/ [14:17:28] suman ravuri: I am yet to commit [14:17:38 | Edited 14:18:26] John Agudelo: or http://hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/adempiere/adempiere/ [14:17:55] John Agudelo: ok, suman [14:19:29] Mario Calderón: when suman is ready, can you inform the FT/TT? [14:19:52] suman ravuri: I am able to do work [14:20:03] suman ravuri: so we can proceed [14:20:25] suman ravuri: http://adempiere.walkingtree.in/admin/ [14:20:38] suman ravuri: we have this isntance up and running [14:20:40] Michael Judd: can I check this is the correct URL - not hg.code.sf.net/p/adempiere [14:20:59] suman ravuri: this is for adempiere 380 release [14:21:16] suman ravuri: it will be converted into nightly build [14:21:36] Mario Calderón: great. Thanks Suman [14:21:44] Mario Calderón: 2.- Working Environment Adaxa, eEvolution, Metas, Walking Tree [14:23:02 | Edited 14:23:26] Mario Calderón: Adaxa : 38testing.adaxa.com/webui eEvolution:eevolution.nickelnetworks.com/webui/ Metas: ? Walking Tree: ? [14:23:30 | Edited 14:23:49] Mark Ostermann: metas: inProgress, not online yet [14:24:16] suman ravuri: http://eaglerp.walkingtree.in/admin/ [14:24:21] suman ravuri: for walkingtree [14:24:57] Mario Calderón: login/passwd? [14:25:10] suman ravuri: GardenAdmin/GardenAdmin [14:25:59] Mario Calderón: any suggestions how to proceed with contributions from OFB, Mike McKay? [14:26:26] John Agudelo: e-volution: http://eevolution.nickelnetworks.com/webui/index.zul All users (SuperUser, System, GardenAdmin GardebUser) have a pasword of SystemSystem [14:26:47] Mario Calderón: also Adaxa's [14:27:50] Mario Calderón: 3.- Status Functional reviews See http://www.adempiere.com/Release_380LTS Most contributions have been functionally reviewed. [14:29:05] Mario Calderón: any comments, commitments to test? [14:29:16] suman ravuri: Can I know the list of the features tha are already part of main development branch? [14:31:07 | Edited 14:31:19] Mario Calderón: I would say, the ones which have been reviewed and approved [14:31:46] Mario Calderón: (functionally) [14:35:21] suman ravuri: ok [14:36:28] Victor Perez Juarez: About the McKay contribution , can see that only are in swing [14:37:28] Victor Perez Juarez: the same happen with GL reconciliation [14:37:47] Mario Calderón: what do we do in these cases? [14:37:49] Victor Perez Juarez: So the question need be complete to integrate I suppose [14:38:07] Mario Calderón: can the contributor be asked to complete? [14:38:15] Victor Perez Juarez: or include as Beta [14:38:34] Victor Perez Juarez: or Ask the RM to finish? [14:38:37] suman ravuri: My suggestion would be request contributor first [14:39:25] Karsten Thiemann: I would include it as beta if it is fully functional in the swing client if it can't be completed in time. [14:39:32] John Agudelo: there are volunteer to complete this in zk? [14:40:43] Mark Ostermann: [14:39] Karsten Thiemann: <<< I would include it as beta if it is fully functional in the swing client if it can't be completed in time.agree. i suggest to proceed this way for all stuff that does not effect other functionality [14:41:09] Mario Calderón: @Karsten,Mark: agree [14:41:52] John Agudelo: El 24/06/13, a las 07:38, Victor Perez Juarez escribió: > or include as Beta +1 [14:42:13] Mario Calderón: is there a list of contribs only for swing? [14:42:21] Victor Perez Juarez: Mario can then starting with that are complete [14:42:53] Mario Calderón: we can ask the contributors to finish, meanwhile they are marked as "beta" [14:42:56] Victor Perez Juarez: to send this to technical team and if all is ok then can integrate in rc1 [14:43:39 | Edited 14:46:00] Mario Calderón: any volunteers to do the missing functional reviews? WTs contributions, Metas', some of eEvolution and Adaxa's. [14:45:24] John Agudelo: I testing the contributions of WT [14:46:11] John Agudelo: but I don't know how to test this feature "Separate database for read and write operations" [14:47:19] suman ravuri: I will be able to help you for testing [14:47:35] Mario Calderón: @John: perhaps it is a technical feature, like password hash [14:48:09] John Agudelo: ok [14:48:09 | Edited 14:48:38] Mark Ostermann: http://www.adempiere.com/Mobil_WebUI --> proposal to add this too. i reviewed first version of this about 1-2 years ago and like it (still had some bugs, but does not break anything). I can write a small review, but could be added as Beta without harm. [14:49:02] Victor Perez Juarez: I think that we need ask to Adaxa if they have not some patches [14:50:05] Mario Calderón: @Mark: can you document it? so to have a basis from which to proceed [14:50:44] Mark Ostermann: ok [14:50:52] Victor Perez Juarez: I will like test SPM Software Project Management , when Metas is ready [14:51:10] Victor Perez Juarez: and AIT/ Unit Testing Framework [14:51:17] Mark Ostermann: @victor: great, thx [14:51:42] Victor Perez Juarez: and all Walking Tree [14:51:43] Mark Ostermann: i've just grabbed http://www.adempiere.com/Cashflow_Management for my next review [14:51:59] Victor Perez Juarez: now that I had demo server Walkingtree Contributor Range based lookup (hope this includes all date selection fields in search screens being a fom date/to date per the WT wiki) XLS option for jasper reports Separate database for read and write operations Included tabs as horizontal tabs [14:53:44] Victor Perez Juarez: Mario I think that we can starting implementing the improves and subjection that you write in your revision [14:54:46] Victor Perez Juarez: this way I can go complete and ask the TT to finish with the revision , and if all is ok the can include in rc1 [14:56:02] Mario Calderón: so far with Functional Reviews? [14:56:42] suman ravuri: I have taken rc1 from main development branch [14:56:57] suman ravuri: it has already some of the features code integrated [14:57:04] suman ravuri: we will live with them? [14:57:11] suman ravuri: example java 7 [14:57:20] suman ravuri: java 7 support [14:57:32 | Edited 14:57:47] Mario Calderón: @Suman: Java 7 is a must [14:57:50 | Edited 14:58:15] John Agudelo: when I loggin in ui mobile with es_co language the buttons in the bottom "find" and "new record" have text in english [14:57:50] Victor Perez Juarez: yes Suman I include that I think that is necessary had to other can be review [14:57:51] suman ravuri: ok [14:58:01] suman ravuri: ok fine [14:58:10] Victor Perez Juarez: and other hand would be general solution [14:58:24] Victor Perez Juarez: for example java 7 , migration xml , smart browser [14:58:39] suman ravuri: Can some one collate list of features for which code is already in main development branch [14:58:51] Victor Perez Juarez: then was before that we starting with this process [14:59:16] suman ravuri: So that I can start tesing them [14:59:17] Victor Perez Juarez: my idea was integrate other but I want that other review and get your comments [15:00:23] suman ravuri: as part of merge and release process I will share my feedback to contribtutors [15:00:42] Victor Perez Juarez: other for example that I want ask is about the Manufacturing Functionality and Payroll [15:01:12] Victor Perez Juarez: it now are as extension in other repositories [15:01:30] Victor Perez Juarez: but it isn come with a lot the problems to debugs and integration [15:01:44] Victor Perez Juarez: so I want ask if I can integrate into the core code [15:03:19] Mario Calderón: @Victor: agree, as the most important part (the model) is already in Adempiere trunk [15:03:22] Mario Calderón: so.... [15:03:24 | Edited 15:04:27] Mario Calderón: :O [15:03:45] Victor Perez Juarez: Mario before the continue with 4 [15:03:51] Mario Calderón: a statement of th Technical Team guys? [15:03:55] Victor Perez Juarez: I have one question [15:04:08] Mario Calderón: oops! sorry [15:04:20] Victor Perez Juarez: we should deprecate and remove some contribution [15:04:39] Victor Perez Juarez: for example posterita , and html web [15:04:51] Mario Calderón: good point [15:05:17] Tobias Schoeneberg: [15:03] Mario Calderón: <<< a statement of th Technical Team guys?personally (as i already discussed with karsten on another topic), for me the way should rather be to remove functioan features from th "main" branch, rather that adding more.. [15:05:55] Tobias Schoeneberg: but i think we need to review&discuss this on an individual level.. [15:06:00] Mario Calderón: @all: can we elaborate a list of deprecations and vote next week? Posterita, HTML web, what else?? [15:06:45] Steven: the html web stuff was the basis of the phone ui and we use it for other things also. [15:07:09] Mario Calderón: oh! then let's leave it [15:07:20] Victor Perez Juarez: ok then we can change the ui html by movie ui [15:07:40] John Agudelo: movie ui? [15:07:52] Mario Calderón: just a name [15:08:02] Mario Calderón: we can keep it as it is [15:08:09] Mario Calderón: if it is used [15:08:25] John Agudelo: mobile ui? [15:08:53 | Edited 15:09:03] Steven: yes .. sorry should have said mobile ui [15:09:44] Victor Perez Juarez: the other case is mysql support [15:10:05] Victor Perez Juarez: I saw that Trifon finish with the code integration , but we need a seed [15:10:10] Steven: btw .. i have seen reports that the mobile ui does not work with Russian and some similar languages. We have no idea what to do about this. [15:10:23] Victor Perez Juarez: to finish with the integration [15:10:31] Mario Calderón: @all: can we ask the community before deprecating? Perhaps somebody is using Posterita, MySQL, etc. [15:11:07] Karsten Thiemann: @Mario: yes we should do that [15:11:09] Victor Perez Juarez: I think that if we use the xml migration , and migration compare , we can get an mysql complete solution [15:13:04] Mario Calderón: ok any further opinions about Functional Reviews? [15:13:34 | Edited 15:15:05] Mark Ostermann: [15:11] Victor Perez Juarez: <<< I think that if we use the xml migrationteo, loby (another metas guy) are extending/ refactoring xml migration atm so that we can use this for metas contributions for ADempiere. we will contribute our xml stuff back as soon as possible. [15:13:51] Steven: functional review of costing modifications is not complete yet .. still working on it. [15:14:12] Karsten Thiemann: costing would be an important improvement [15:14:21] Karsten Thiemann: (working costing..) [15:15:15] Victor Perez Juarez: also I know that some contribution that are forgotten [15:15:25] Victor Perez Juarez: that I think that should be include [15:15:45] Victor Perez Juarez: for example [15:15:45] Victor Perez Juarez: http://www.adempiere.com/Migrate_-_Migrating_a_Database [15:16:12] Mario Calderón: @Victor: include it in our page [15:16:22] Mario Calderón: so, now 4.-Status Technical reviews [15:17:03] Karsten Thiemann: I took a look at the new dunning functionality from metas but we still need to discuss that in the technical team [15:17:40] Victor Perez Juarez: but Mario then we can remove that functionality ? [15:17:54] Victor Perez Juarez: because this work can go advanced the RM [15:18:20] Victor Perez Juarez: we need take some design now? [15:20:14] Tobias Schoeneberg: [15:16] Mario Calderón: <<< 4.-Status Technical reviewsi didn't achive a lot last week due to a customer going live and problems popping up...only this morning i wrote a mail wrt Sales-Mangement-Open -Items to Steven and Paul Bowden, but paul is currently sick.. [15:20:24] Tobias Schoeneberg: ..so that's my status [15:22:01 | Edited 15:22:09] Mario Calderón: other TT statements? [15:22:23 | Edited 15:23:24] Steven: Costing Review .. I spent a day on it and confued myself. I will test further on Victor's test system tomorrow. [15:22:56] Victor Perez Juarez: since I can not be judge and jury, I can only commit to review the contributions of adaxa, Goals, WalkTree for this week [15:22:56] Steven: Susanne and myself have scheduled time to check more things tomorrow. [15:24:02] Victor Perez Juarez: Stenven if you need that attend , I would [15:25:19] Steven: ok [15:26:21] Steven: Can I ask which new functionality is not yet able to be checked in a test system? [15:27:01] Victor Perez Juarez: Steven can please list new functionality is not yet able ? [15:27:03 | Edited 15:35:06] Steven: Are there any pieces of work that are now identified as ok for WT to start incorporating or is there another step beforehand? I am thinking of smaller things and things that do not affect existing parts of the system. [15:28:12] Mario Calderón: it seems the Technical Team has to do a lot still [15:29:41 | Edited 15:29:49] Mario Calderón: also not too many people : Tobi, Victor, Teo, Karsten? [15:29:53] Mark Ostermann: [15:28] Mario Calderón: <<< it seems the Technical Team has to do a lot stilljust give them some time. they are discussing their reviews to find out further best practices atm. [15:30:15] Mark Ostermann: which i believe is important too [15:30:28] Mark Ostermann: ... to avoid conflicts in future [15:32:12] Karsten Thiemann: one problem is that the old adempiere/compiere design is far from actual java best practices and design patterns.. [15:32:13] Victor Perez Juarez: in my revision I will set any fault to http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/ADempiere_Best_Practices [15:34:47] Victor Perez Juarez: @Karsten can give an example about old adempiere/compiere design [15:35:09] Karsten Thiemann: sql statements directly in the code [15:35:11] Victor Perez Juarez: because if we need improve out ABP I think that is good know that we should add [15:35:43] Victor Perez Juarez: ok this case we had this ABP [15:35:45] Victor Perez Juarez: http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/ADempiere_Best_Practices#How_to_use_Adempiere_Query_class.3F [15:35:45] Karsten Thiemann: the model classes we need to regenerate for customizations [15:35:56] Victor Perez Juarez: we should apply the Teo approach [15:36:15] Karsten Thiemann: that's what metas it doing [15:37:36] Karsten Thiemann: and I think it is a good approach - the only problem I see is the mixture in the project if we use a new design for new functionality without migrating the old [15:38:35] Karsten Thiemann: but let us discuss that in the TT [15:39:18] Tobias Schoeneberg: agree [15:39:25] Victor Perez Juarez: agree [15:39:29] Mario Calderón: ok [15:39:34] John Agudelo: yes [15:39:46] Mario Calderón: so the TT will meet to discuss these matter? [15:39:46] Victor Perez Juarez: I for example my new contribution Use the migration xml from adaxa [15:39:48] John Agudelo: is another topic [15:40:03] Karsten Thiemann: I think we will meet on friday [15:40:08] Victor Perez Juarez: this way is more easy for me , because patch xml is more easy that SQL [15:40:51] Victor Perez Juarez: I need use this same approach for Clashflow Engine and other old contribution as budget management [15:40:55 | Edited 15:41:39] Mario Calderón: @Victor, Steven: functionally, I only suggested to describe how to create the XML file [15:41:11 | Edited 15:41:49] Mario Calderón: the rest works just fine [15:42:43] Victor Perez Juarez: yes Mario , I can confirm , I used in my production environment , and was helpful [15:43:20] suman ravuri: I need to leave now, will read chat later [15:43:28] Steven: Can I ask if there are any of the functional improvements that are now ok for WT to start integrating? maybe small things or things that do not affect existing functionality? [15:43:32] Victor Perez Juarez: I want ask about the a current error that we get from repository [15:43:34] Victor Perez Juarez: Hi Mario/Victor, I am getting following error, when I am trying to push a new branch. Can you help me to fix this issue ############################################################### D:\AdempiereRM\adempiere-code>hg push --new-branch pushing to ssh://email@example.com/p/adempiere/code searching for changes no changes found remote: *** failed to import extension sethguser from /hgrepo/a/ad/adempiere/con fig/sethguser.py: [Errno 2] No such file or directory ######################################################## Thanks, Suman [15:44:07] Victor Perez Juarez: it is cause after SF migration, is because the user notice not work [15:44:14] Mario Calderón: @Steven: I just wanted to proceed with [15:44:28] suman ravuri: did any one checked in after new SF migration? [15:44:32] Victor Perez Juarez: so I want ask if some know how can solve [15:44:39] suman ravuri: checkin code [15:44:51] Mario Calderón: @Victor: can the technical guys solve this ? [15:45:04] John Agudelo: IMHO Don't matter if this feature affect existing funcionality, beacuse is RC versión [15:45:55] suman ravuri: did anyone checkin code after SF migration? [15:46:13] Victor Perez Juarez: @Mario , may be , only ask if somebody know that add this extension [15:46:17] Mario Calderón: I think we're finished with Technical Reviews: they will meet this week and some have committed to review [15:47:00] Mario Calderón: 5.- Actions to do [15:48:30] suman ravuri: Can someone tell a way to fix the problem I am facing [15:48:41] Tobias Schoeneberg: @Victor: [15:43] Victor Perez Juarez: <<< fig/sethguser.py: [Errno 2] No such file or directoryi had the same error..didn't have time to react yet..maybe we should deactivate notification for starters.. [15:48:59] suman ravuri: this kind of stops me to complete one complete cycle [15:49:06] suman ravuri: in this process [15:49:21 | Edited 15:49:52] Mario Calderón: Steven Sackett (Adaxa): Can I ask if there are any of the functional improvements that are now ok for WT to start integrating? maybe small things or things that do not affect existing functionality? <<< I support this idea: WT integrates in its branch the functional accepted contributions. It is also a good excersise. If there are technical issues, they can be corrected and updated. WT can learn by doing it [15:50:24] suman ravuri: Unless this branch issue is solved, we will not able to move forward [15:50:38] suman ravuri: this is high priority we need to get this fixed [15:50:50] Mario Calderón: @Suman: agree [15:51:54] suman ravuri: who takes prime resposnibility to fix this, I think some can work with SF [15:52:01] John Agudelo: my vote is for start to integrated features aproved by FT [15:53:47] John Agudelo: we need be more faster to obtain RC versions [15:54:32] John Agudelo: make somethin similiar like agile methodologys [15:55:34] Victor Perez Juarez: @Suman, you can continue , in begin I got the same issue [15:56:00] Victor Perez Juarez: but can see that is an error about the an extension that create a notice to technical team list [15:57:12] Victor Perez Juarez: and now not are work, I not remember who help with this in past, but I think that now we can deactivate and try integrate SF with jira to get an similar approach [15:57:51] Mario Calderón: there a suggestion by Steven, John and me [15:58:02] Mario Calderón: any other comments? [15:58:27] Victor Perez Juarez: about the agile methodologys, I think is complex with little team [15:58:30] Victor Perez Juarez: jejejej [15:59:31] Victor Perez Juarez: but I think that we can starting of integration when the TT was finish , then let me advance the technical team [15:59:42] Colin Rooney: I think the scrum method would suit very well [15:59:58] Colin Rooney: list of functionalities = Backlog [16:00:22] Victor Perez Juarez: I can go notice to RM when an contribution was review from an Technical Approach [16:00:23] John Agudelo: Is Scrum complex? [16:00:28] Colin Rooney: the week between each meeting = Sprint [16:00:29] Victor Perez Juarez: So RM can integarte [16:00:40] Mark Ostermann: hi colin [15:59] Colin Rooney: <<< I think the scrum method would suit very wellThat's what we are using at metas. [16:00:41] Colin Rooney: these meetings the Sprint reviews [16:01:06] Mark Ostermann: we are doing 2-weeks sprints (started with 4 weeks, but were too long) [16:02:33] Victor Perez Juarez: @Colin sounds great, even to adapt it as part of ABP [16:02:52] Victor Perez Juarez: @Colin Any idea how to start [16:02:56] Mark Ostermann: problem with volunteers is, that tasks moved into sprint have to be committed before sprint starts [16:03:00] Mark Ostermann: and estimated [16:03:22] Mark Ostermann: and sprint is only successful if all tasks are completed [16:04:13] Victor Perez Juarez: If I understand , we need some as http://www.atlassian.com/en/software/greenhopper/overview/scrum [16:04:19] Colin Rooney: I think we are already working in a scrum way! Step 1 is create the backlog which = a list of tasks / functionality. [16:04:58] Colin Rooney: @Mark - yes people must commit to a task to be accomplished during the next "Sprint" (1-2 weeks as agreed) [16:05:05] Victor Perez Juarez: some know if Atlassian, give this tools free as Jira to project Open Source [16:05:12] Colin Rooney: @John - to me it's a vcery simple idea [16:05:13] Victor Perez Juarez: we would ask for free license [16:05:24] John Agudelo: In every sprint we need solve max 6 features [16:05:26] Mark Ostermann: @colin: agree [16:06:10] John Agudelo: And release a prototype or RC version and go on [16:06:31] Colin Rooney: there are lots of tools and pre-printed documents for scrum but I think we can use the core idea with nothing extra that what is done now. [16:06:33] Mario Calderón: @all: before we continue discussing Scrum, Agile, etc: do we agree that Suman integrates in his branch all the contributions functionally reviewed and accepted ? This way, the Release Manager starts having experience. Menawhile the TT finishes its tasks. [16:06:56] Colin Rooney: Our Backlog is the list of functionality [16:07:07] Colin Rooney: normally the customer is ask to choose what to do next from that list [16:07:14] Mario Calderón: as far , Steven, John, Victor , Mario do agree [16:07:24] Colin Rooney: then the team commits to achieving that in the Sprint [16:07:30] Colin Rooney: it's as simple as that [16:07:31] Victor Perez Juarez: @MArio agree for me [16:07:45] Mark Ostermann: [16:06] Mario Calderón: <<< do we agree that Suman integrates in his branch all the contributions functionally reviewed and accepted ?and what about technically? [16:07:53] Colin Rooney: usually you have daily "stand-up" to be sure everyone is on target and not having problems [16:08:25] Colin Rooney: deployment is part of the Sprint so at the end of the sprint the customer can test the functionality promised [16:08:34] Colin Rooney: and that's the essence ofit [16:08:53] Mario Calderón: @Mark: if there is a technical inconvenience, it can be corrected, and the changeset adopted [16:08:59] John Agudelo: Daily stand up is only 15 minutes [16:09:42] Mario Calderón: important is that the Release Manager gets experience. Also it is easier to review and test. [16:09:51] Mark Ostermann: @mario: but what about if functionally is very nice and technically overwrites allready existing functionality? [16:10:18] Victor Perez Juarez: @Colin here http://www.atlassian.com/software/greenhopper/pricing, we can get the service [16:10:19] Victor Perez Juarez: Free for Open Source Qualified open source projects can receive free subscriptions for Atlassian OnDemand offerings. [16:10:19] Mark Ostermann: then it could happen, that we are not just talking about fixing but complete refactoring [16:10:59] Colin Rooney: [16:06] Mario Calderón: <<< This way, the Release Manager starts having experience. Menawhile the TT finishes its tasks.sounds like a plan to me! :) [16:11:02 | Edited 16:11:36] Mark Ostermann: why not let the TT just have a first look (review) before integrating? [16:11:29] Victor Perez Juarez: @John , Colin , would ask to Attlassian if we can get this service for adempiere and so can starting with your propose the use scrum [16:12:07] Mario Calderón: @Mark: I've seen eEvolution code, and this is for sure not the case. I suppose the same Adaxa's code . If it were code from some unknown sources, I would share your scepticiism. [16:12:49] Karsten Thiemann: I don't think we need another tool - the concept is simple and like colin said we can just do it without additional tools [16:12:56] Mark Ostermann: @Mario: Perfect, then pls. just write that u have done the TT Review and everything is perfect. ;) [16:12:58] Karsten Thiemann: at least for the beginning [16:13:46] Mario Calderón: @Mark: I don't feel like having the deep knowledge to do it [16:13:51] Mark Ostermann: @Mario: I'm not sceptic, just want to stay in our track. [16:14:36] Karsten Thiemann: @Mark - I agree, the tt needs to do a review before the integration [16:15:03] Mario Calderón: now: when???? [16:15:19] Mario Calderón: who? [16:15:58] John Agudelo: I think that RM can start to integrate features reviwed by FT [16:16:08] Karsten Thiemann: who? whoever commits to the task. But at least 'somebody' should take a look at the code before integrating it [16:16:39] Mark Ostermann: [16:15] John Agudelo: <<< I think that RM can start to integrate features reviwed by FTi don't think so [16:16:56] Mark Ostermann: would suggest to wait TT for review too [16:17:04] Mark Ostermann: then integrate [16:17:28] Steven: so what things can the TT look at now .. to get things started? [16:17:52] Mark Ostermann: @steven: all contribs that have FT review already [16:18:03] Mark Ostermann: would be fastest [16:18:16] Karsten Thiemann: and are available in public repositories.. [16:18:22] Mark Ostermann: yepp [16:18:26] Steven: ok .. what can we see that falls in that category? [16:18:35] Steven: copy print format? [16:18:40] Steven: simple stuff [16:18:59] Steven: GL reconciliation ... been in producion use for some time. [16:19:11] Steven: things from others? [16:19:35] Victor Perez Juarez: what happens if the TT, not working, or not going as fast as we require [16:19:50] Steven: Mario.. have you reviewed thinsg that can now go to the TT? [16:20:01] Karsten Thiemann: if we want to speed up things the RM could start integrating a feature as soon as the reviewer finished the review without waiting for a technical team decision [16:20:18] Karsten Thiemann: @Victor: join the team [16:21:09] Mario Calderón: @Steven: I reviewed a many contribs, which are most OK from a functional point of view [16:21:21] Karsten Thiemann: but if the reviewer sees problems the RM needs to wait for the team decision [16:22:13 | Edited 16:22:24] Steven: @Karsten "the reviewer" functional or technical? [16:22:52] Victor Perez Juarez: @Karsten, my issue that the some contribution are from my company [16:22:54] Karsten Thiemann: technical [16:23:16] Victor Perez Juarez: then I only can give my comment the other contribution , in this case of Adaxa [16:23:31] Karsten Thiemann: a feature can be functional ok but breaks all ADempiere best practices for example [16:23:48] Tobias Schoeneberg: regarding this: [15:43] Victor Perez Juarez: <<< Hi Mario/Victor, I am getting following error, when I am trying to push a new branch. Can you help me to fix this issue ############################################################### D:\AdempiereRM\adempiere-code>hg push --new-branch pushing to ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/p/adempiere/code searching for changes no changes found remote: *** failed to import extension sethguser from /hgrepo/a/ad/adempiere/con fig/sethguser.py: [Errno 2] No such file or directory ######################################################## Thanks, Suman it is cause after SF migration, is because the user notice not worki think i was able to comment out the right lines in the hgrc :) [16:23:50] Mark Ostermann: @Karsten: agree [16:23:54] Tobias Schoeneberg: feel free to retry :D [16:24:17] Victor Perez Juarez: because is unique code are available from your branch, but I can staring until Metas , Wallking Tree public the code [16:24:29] Victor Perez Juarez: yes [16:24:36] Victor Perez Juarez: @Tobio I am make now [16:25:33] Mario Calderón: so, as I understand, Victor will take care of WT's, Metas' and Adaxa's code. who will review eEvolution's code? [16:26:36] Steven: presumably someone from the TT? [16:27:42] Mark Ostermann: as far as i see, tobi has started with TT of sales management already [16:28:16] Steven: sure, I got his notes [16:29:03 | Edited 16:29:30] Steven: but it looks like the functional reviews will happen a lot quicker that the technical reviews and it will hold us up. [16:29:25] Victor Perez Juarez: @Mario, I can star with Metas and WT when they have your code available [16:29:50] Victor Perez Juarez: and now I then start with Adaxa's contribution [16:30:15] Karsten Thiemann: Cashflow Management will be reviewed by Suman [16:30:41] Victor Perez Juarez: @Steven, the unique issue with GL reconciliation , I think that is the ZK integration [16:32:06] Steven: sure ... but i think it is available at least from idempiere [16:32:26] Steven: and maybe from us .. i need to check [16:33:08 | Edited 16:33:58] Steven: but i just saw it in the idempiere menu and i am sure they would be happy to share back. It is a single form [16:34:16] Mario Calderón: @Mark, Tobi: where is Metas' code to review? [16:34:46 | Edited 16:35:12] Mario Calderón: @all: the same of Walking Tree's, Ramiro's and Mike's code [16:34:59 | Edited 16:35:38] Victor Perez Juarez: @Suman , Walking Tree would create the features branch and set WT code features for I can start with my Technical Revision? [16:35:02] Karsten Thiemann: I could start to review http://www.adempiere.com/Forecast_Management [16:36:21] Mario Calderón: @all: I have to leave soon [16:37:05] Colin Rooney: @Karsten... I've had very little time (dentist- failed ssd & lots of work because I'm free for most of July!) but I started to look at the forecast! I will send you the few notes I took! [16:37:51] Steven: I have to leave soon also.. [16:38:28] Steven: any other non-technical items? [16:38:31] Karsten Thiemann: @Colin - great [16:38:58] Colin Rooney: Good night Steven [16:39:04] Victor Perez Juarez: @Colin , Karsten if you need something you are welcome [16:39:19] Steven: bye all.. [16:39:23] Mark Ostermann: bye steven [16:42:11] Karsten Thiemann: so the plan is to review as many features as possible until the tt meeting on friday - right? [16:42:27] Colin Rooney: @Victor - I would like to test because I might be able to use in my cirrent job but I just haven't ,uch time to commit before the end of june :( [16:42:39] Colin Rooney: but if I do get some time I iwll look you up online - thanks [16:43:32] Victor Perez Juarez: @Karsten, yes , we need have information to TT [16:43:50] Victor Perez Juarez: and go release revision , so this can be integrate [16:44:25] Mario Calderón: @Karten: yes [16:45:20] Mario Calderón: 6.- Next meeting [16:45:34] Mario Calderón: monday, juli 1st, 12:00 GMT? [16:45:43] Karsten Thiemann: agree [16:46:42] Victor Perez Juarez: agree [16:46:57] Karsten Thiemann: I'll write the minutes of the meeting tomorrow morning [16:47:06] Mario Calderón: @all: thanks for your time and valuable ideas. Think we're moving. [16:47:43] John Agudelo: Ok, bye guys [16:47:57] Mark Ostermann: thanks all [16:48:23] Michael Judd: bye [16:48:29] Mark Ostermann: [16:47] Mario Calderón: <<< Think we're moving.agree, much faster the last 2 weeks. definitly things are moving [16:48:30] Mario Calderón: bye all [16:48:33] Mark Ostermann: bye